The thought behind this thought was seeing people using hashtags on twitter. I think it’s important for people to make sure they use all their different social networks for different purposes, otherwise you’re just creating more confusion in your already hectic life. Therefore I have composed a list of social network thing-me-bobs:
- Facebook. This is the one EVERYONE has, and it is your basic social networking tool. Used primarily for statuses, events and messaging, but photos and videos can also be viewed.
- Twitter. This is basically only if you want to tell people what is happening in your life RIGHT NOW, or for pop star fandom to take place. Photos can be used, but only if they make what your trying to say more understandable. I would tend to use hashtags only on twitter. USE HASHTAGS CAUTIOUSLY ON OTHER WEBSITES. They can be seen as cool, but can be annoying to some people. I often think twitter is less emotional than facebook but I suppose it depends.
- Instagram. ONLY PHOTOS! Literally no emotion, but photos can be a great way to show people into your life/be funny. HOWEVER I think you can only use them on iPhone 😥
- Pintrest. Not entirely sure what this does but I think it involves pinning stuff about your life on a sort of online pin board. Sounds cool but only for the hard-core online socialites.
- Tumblr. I am fairly sure that this is where you use gifs and things to create a blog. Sounds fairly cool, but I don’t have enough time for it.
- Blogs. These are super cool 😉
I suppose in the end your social networking life can be anything you want it to be, but the most important thing to do is make sure you have something INTERESTING to say, so get out there and LIVE YOUR LIFE!!! 😀 Then you can make a tumblr post about it……